The 5.9 release focused on improving the stability of our UI and some of the underlying frameworks. Below is a list of improvements we tackled as part of this release.
- When a user tapped on the screen at certain places while a search was in process, a new search would get started resulting in multiple thumbnails overlapping on the screen. We refined our UI to ensure when various UI elements are on the screen tapping behind them will prevent a new search from starting.
- When the search was analyzing, the “X” in the top corner would not function in all cases. We squashed this issue! The “X” should always dismiss the layer and allow the user to search again.
- When you tap on the edge of the screen, the user-generated thumbnail would appear as an oval. It now will appear as a circle.
- There were some cases when the on-device detectors for barcode and exact image match were running in the background. They will now pause when any UI elements are covering the majority of the screen.
- We resolved an issue where a search doesn't resolve if the user's device loses connection to the internet.
- We revised the tap points on the clear history confirmation buttons. Some were not acting as you would expect.
- Product images will now scale to fit the longest side in the preview box. Previously, it was causing odd crops for some of our customers.
- We resolved an issue in our Preview app that was preventing the web view from loading when viewing the product details.
- We resolved an issue with the barcode scanner in picker mode that prevented a user from viewing the product detail page.
- We made the button styles consistent throughout our UI. All buttons now are filled vs. outlined.
- The clear history confirmations screen will now utilize the
- We resolved a crash that would happen when accessing the search history when the device is offline.
- We consolidated some image assets and removed a few that were no longer being utilized in order to help keep the size of our SDK as small as possible.
Updates in 5.9.1
- We resolved a memory leak that would happen when opening and closing the Slyce camera multiple times or when scanning barcodes or exact image match images.
- We resolved a crash that would happen when trying to clear the history when Slyce was launched as a fragment.
- We updated the functionality of the hardware back button so it returns you to a more intuitive place in the UI.
- We squashed a bug for the hyperactive tappers. If quickly tap multiple times on the search history the UI would lock up. That has been resolved.
- On rare occasions when you would perform a search from the camera gallery then tap again quickly, the UI would get into an odd state. This has been resolved.
- When you dismiss a search that originated from the camera gallery, the thumbnail will no longer persist on the screen.