Barcode Scanning Improvements
We made some internal modifications to how our barcode scanner functions, which results in a higher and quicker detection rate.
- There were some cases when the on-device detectors for barcode and exact image match were running in the background. They will now pause when any UI elements are covering the majority of the screen.
- We consolidated some image assets and removed a few that were no longer being utilized to help keep the size of our SDK as small as possible.
- We noticed the user-generated thumbnail was getting a little squished on the search history page. It now will resize appropriately.
- We updated the font weight on the Analyzing text to improve the readability.
- If you only have one lens enabled in picker mode, we will hide the picker. Most clients utilize this if they want to have a lens that is exclusively for barcode scanning. We also removed the while target in the center of the screen when the barcode scanning UI is showing.
Updates in 5.9.1
- We resolved an issue which prevented the barcode scanner from opening when using in picker mode. We also added some additional checks to ensure it won't crash if your account is not configured with all the features.