Introducing Grid View
Creating a seamless experience between your application and the Slyce UI is a large focus for our team. We want your users to have the best experience in your app. In the 5.8 release, we are excited to introduce the grid view for the Slyce list layer. When theming your application, you can decide if you want to display your search results in a grid instead of a list.This has been a top request from many of our development partners.
You can set the grid view by setting the `appearance_searchResultsType` appearance setting to `SearchResultsListType.GRID`.
let type = SlyceSearchResultsListType.grid
SlyceTheme.shared().setAppearanceStyle(type.rawValue, forPropertyName: "appearance_searchResultsType")
Single Search Mode Enhancements
In our 5.7 release, we launched a revised user flow which helps guide users through the visual search process when searching for items in your product database. We've seen massive adoption of this new flow from our development partners and have received some great feedback which we incorporated into a revised flow that better handles various edge cases.
To support our clients who opt to utilize their product listing page, we made some updates to the loading screen better handles when a user exits to your product list page. The new UI is the default for all single search modes to provide smoother transitions when scanning barcodes and detecting exact image matches.
- We optimized our UI to improve performance and squash some memory leaks.
- We updated the logic for when the tooltip appears and dissapears in order to ensure it doesn't peak out from behind layers.
- We refined the movements of the user generated thumbnail so the no longer snap into position, but gently glide to their next location.
- We fixed revised the UI when scanning a barcode or detecting an exact image match to include a user generated thumbnail on detection.
- When using the Slyce camera nested inside another view the new loading screen would sometimes overlap. We fixed that too!
- The tap points on the clear history pop-up were not quite in the right place. We fixe that! The full confirmation buttons are now tappable, and the buttons outside the layer are now disabled when the confirmation is displayed.