The 5.7.0 release is introducing a way to find visually similar items based on a specific product id or image URL instead of submitting an image. This enables you to display visually similar items on a product's detail page or enable users to search for visually similar items from a search result list.
Single Search Labs Modes —> Now Default Experience
Our team has been focused on creating the best camera experience for our partner teams. In the 5.6 release, we introduced a new mode focused on creating the best experience for users who want to perform one search and see results right away. This is to complement our new batch capture mode which is designed to perform consecutive searches.
In 5.7 we are making that UX the new default experience! We are excited to roll it out and continue to refine and enhance it over time. The new UI includes a refined loading screen to ensure users are more aware of the status of their search.
While we encourage all our development teams to use the new UI mode, we understand there might be edge cases which you'll want to use the legacy UX. You can do this by setting mode on the lens options to the legacy multi mode.
Use Legacy Multi Search Mode
// Create an options dictionary, with the appropriate capture mode set // for the Universal lens let options = [ SlyceOptionKey.Lenses: [ SlyceLensIdentifier.universal: [ SlyceLensOptionKey.captureMode: SlyceLensCaptureMode.legacyMulti ] ] ] let vc = SlyceViewController(slyce: Slyce.shared(), mode: .universal, options: options, delegate: nil) // Present view controller here...
Remove All Searches
A common request we've from our users is for a way to clear out all their previous searches. Now they can! A new clear history button will appear at the bottom of the search history page.
Review User Generated Thumbnail
After a user performs a search they can now review the original photo they snapped. This is really useful when reviewing items in the search history.
Empty State for Batch Capture
We now provide a customizable screen when users have not performed any searches on the batch capture refinement screen.
This release contains a number of enhancements to our Full UI mode.
- Tapping an image thumbnail in batch capture will now auto scroll to the tapped item.
- We introduced a white target on the camera screen to help encourage users to tap to search.
- We increased the height of the layer to provide more room for content.
We pushed ourselves to improve the stability and efficiency of our SDK this release.
- We resolved an issue when removing items from your search history that were still in progress.
- In batch capture, we are now ordering the searches in a more consistent way.
- We added back in an animation when selecting an image from the camera roll.
- In batch capture mode the product thumbnails are no longer getting stretched.
- Ensure that when only one product is returned the user will navigate to the product detail.
- Resolve an issue that was causing a crash when not all data is provided in the data feed.
- Resolved a few memory usage issues.
- Resolved an issue where the camera would pause when navigating away from the camera and returning.
- We now pass along the point the user taps on an image selected from the camera roll.