Batch Capture Mode
We recently released a new mode called Batch Capture as a Labs feature and with the 5.4.0 release we moving it out of Labs into the public SDK. The new mode enables users to add and refine multiple searches quickly. The user can then add all of the selected products to a registry, shopping cart, or list with a single tap.
Android Preview Application
We developed a stand-alone application to help prospective clients and developers test the Slyce visual search processes and UI. The preview application can be connected to your workflows, and you can utilize the Slyce SDK to perform visual searches against your workflows and product sets. The preview application is now available on both iOS and Android.
Download on Mobile Device: download.slyce.it
UI and UX Improvements
- We refined the placement of the bottom icons across all modes of the SDK.
- Increased the height of the layer to allow for more room for content in the layers.
- Removed the empty space on the search results page if no tags are returned for a search. Typically happened with barcode and image match scans.
- Update the UI for the lens picker to make it hard to dismiss accidentally, and easier to select the lens option.
- Resolved an issue where the loading layer did not appear when performing multiple searches.
- Improved performance by tracking down and addressing any memory leaks.
- Improved accuracy of tap point when a search begins.
- We enabled the ability to track if the user tapped on a result in a search list your team developed. Useful for tracking conversion when you exit at the search list in UI mode, or if using headless mode. Place the following call when your user taps on the list item.
.trackResultTapped(jobId, itemId, itemUrl, itemPosition);
- We made our analytics local caching system more robust by syncing the local cache more often.